The Basic Concept
In regard to the evaluation of concept materials, we have found that, overall, companies are looking for three things:
- They want to make the right decision regarding the concept or concepts, whatever form that might take.
- They want the results quickly
- and they want them inexpensively.
MSI provides two distinct systems:
- Concept/Positioning Testing >Here, the analytic result is to determine a “winner”, to understand why, and, if desired, to provide a concept-only year-1 sales forecast.
- Concept Screening (multiple concepts) > the result here is to yield the correct ranking of the concepts in order to determine which to pursue.
The key to both these internet-based systems is that the consumer is exposed to the visual and audio elements of the concept, so they can use both eyes and ears (as they do on TV) to become more naturally immersed in the concept and therefore get it’s key elements for more accurate recall and persuasion measures.